Recipe of the quarter - Jammy Dodgers
300g/10oz plain flour
250g/8oz unsalted butter, cut into cubes
150g/5oz icing sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
2 Lincolnshire eggs
A pinch of salt
A jar of Jenny’s Jams – raspberry or plum jam
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the vanilla essencee. Mix with the butter and sugar until combined.
- Mix together the flour and salt and then start adding it to the biscuit mix. Dough will begin to form.
- When all the ingredients are mixed into smooth a dough, shape into a ball. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*C/Gas Mark 4. Roll out your dough on to a floured surface until it is about 5mm thick. Using 6cm cookie cutter cut out circle from the dough.
- Fill a baking sheet with hall of the whole dough discs. With the other half, use a smaller cutter or a spout of a water bottle to cut out a circle in the centre of each disc.
- Place the larger disc on another baking sheet. Discard the centres or add them to the leftover bits of dough and roll out, and use for more biscuits.
- Bake the two lots of biscuits in the oven for 15 mins until just firm and starting to colour.
- Remove the biscuits and allow cooling. Then, place teaspoon of jam in the centre of each biscuits. Spread the jam until there is about 1 cm border around the biscuit.
- Take the biscuit discs with the holes from the baking sheet and place on top of the biscuit, sandwiching them together with the jam.
Recipe taken with thanks from the Lincolnshire Co-Op